You know those big bags of chicken leg quarters that are always on sale?? Yes, we’re talking those today!!
I always like to buy a few bags when they’re on sale and freeze them for later use….I just place a few pieces of chicken in freezer bags and place in the freezer.
Here are some of the ways I like to use up this cheap chicken!
- Chicken and Dumplings – These are perfect for chicken and dumplings because when you boil them down they make their own broth to use for the soup
- Chicken noodle soup – same as the chicken and dumplings
- BBQ Chicken – these are great for throwing on the grill for a cheap cookout
- Shredded Chicken – I like to throw a few in the slow cooker or pressure cooker and cook for a while. Then pull the meat from the bones to use for later meals….I will put the shredded meat in one bag and the bones in another to make homemade chicken stock. you can just store this in the freezer.
- Chicken Salad – most people like to use white meat in their chicken salad but this works just as good.
- Chicken and rice
- Chicken gravy and mashed potatoes
There are so many uses for this chicken! The packaging just makes it look intimidating….you can bring them home and separate like they are or you can cut the drumstick from the thigh and use them in meals that way. There are so many videos on youtube to teach you how to cut up chicken if you don’t already know how.
Talk to you soon,