Here are some simple ways to fill your freezer!
- when cooking dinner, make 2, freeze one
- buy ground beef when it’s on sale. make a batch of meatballs to freeze, cook the rest, separate into bags and freeze for tacos, chili, spaghetti, etc.
- buy chicken on sale, cook and shred for any meal containing shredded chicken, save bones to make stock
- save all kitchen veggie scraps in a bag to make chicken stock
- you can buy several loaves of bread, hamburger buns, hot dog buns, french bread etc. and freeze for future use…just stick the loaf in the freezer
- milk getting close to expiring? throw it in the freezer! just make sure the jug isn’t completely full to leave room for expansion
- you can freeze your cheese and your butter too! just make sure it’s shredded cheese because blocks of cheeses become really crumbly when thawed
- check the marked down meat section in the grocery store – even if the date on the meat is tomorrow, you can buy it and place it in the freezer…that makes the meat last for months! just take it out to thaw when you want to use it.
These are just a few easy ways to fill your freezer.
Do you have anything to add to this list?? leave it in the comment section below!
Talk to you soon,