Copy Cat Taco Bell Chicken Quesadilla Melts
I don’t know about y’all but my family was pretty upset when Taco Bell removed the shredded chicken quesadilla melts from their menu…we absolutely loved them (not to mention they were $1!) I know they replaced them with something similar but in my opinion they are no where near as good as they were before (why taco bell, why?) I wanted to share with you the “copycat” version I make that we really enjoy!
- 1 package boneless skinless chicken thighs (breasts can be used as well, we just prefer the thighs)
- 2 packages old el paso chicken taco seasoning
- Taco Bell Chipotle sauce
- Sour Cream – Optional
- Shredded cheese
- Taco Bell Fire Sauce (or any taco sauce you like) – Optional
- a little bit of olive oil
- put the chicken thighs in your pressure cooker and sprinkle the chicken taco seasoning on top (I also add a little creole seasoning but I’m a weirdo and add it to everything…it’s not necessary) add about 1 cup of water and cook high pressure for about 15 minutes.
- once the chicken is finished cooking, remove it from the liquid and shred
- start assembling your quesadillas: Tortilla, a little chicken mix, a little cheese, a little sour cream, a little chipotle sauce, fire sauce if you like it, wrap.
- heat a skillet with a little olive oil and warm up the quesadillas until they are warmed throughout (my husband likes his extra crispy so it’s cooked a little longer)
That’s it! we like to serve ours with some tortilla chips and salsa on the side!
*QUICK TIP* this recipe can be made without a pressure cooker, it just made it a little quicker. Try making it on the stovetop, in the slow cooker, or even in the oven!
*ANOTHER QUICK TIP* if you are on a keto diet, use low carb tortillas or lettuce wrap and it will be keto friendly!
I hope you give this recipe a try! If you do, leave me a comment and let me know what you think!
Talk to you soon,
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.